Freeva Helpline: 0808 802 0028 | 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247


Support for Parents and Carers

We are here to support you. We understand what you may be experiencing and we can help.

Are you being hurt by your child?

We know it’s extremely difficult when family relationships begin to breakdown and when violence and abuse is being used in the home, especially by your child. It can be really difficult to talk to professionals and challenging to access support.

Our specialised service, The YP Project can work with you as a parent/carer to give you the tools and support you need to de-escalate situations in a healthy way, and repair and reconnect with your child again. Using the Non-Violent Resistance (NVR) approach, we focus on your self-care, prioritising behaviours, de-escalation and communication.

Reporting to the police

You do not have to report to the police to get support from us.

If you don’t want to report, we are here to support you with any emotional needs, guidance, safety planning and help you access any more relevant information.

If you are considering reporting to the police, we can help you understand how the criminal justice process works. We can talk you through what will happen if you do report to the police, what will happen if you report anonymously or the importance and process of forensic DNA retrieval.

*There are times that on our Helpline and in all our Domestic Abuse services, we will report to the police, with or without consent, if the risk to a client, child or third party, is significantly high.

What Parents Say About the YP Project

All aspects of the programme have been helpful! The input, the structure, all the guidance, support and the knowledge that's given me the basis to understand and work with my children as a team. We have a much better relationship now."

Everyone in my position should be involved with The YP Project, as the ability to turn around difficult family situations or change abusive behaviour is phenomenal."

Working with The YP Project has very potentially stopped me having to put my child into care because I was simply not coping. Thank you!"

How to get help

We’re here to help improve your circumstances. For information more relevant to your family, contact us via The YP Project details below.

We provide support to anyone living in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland who has or is experiencing domestic violence, rape and/or sexual assault. If you live outside of the Leicestershire or Rutland area, please contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 2000 247.

get help

Looking for support? Call our helpline today.

Get Informed

If you’re not yet ready to speak to someone, we have a range of information and resources available for you to read and use in the meantime.

To refer yourself to our support services, and begin your journey to a brighter future, call 0808 802 0028.

What is Sexual Abuse

What is Sexual Abuse?

Below, we provide insights into what constitutes sexual abuse, offering a guide to recognising key signs and addressing common concerns.

What is domestic abuse

What is Domestic Abuse?

Not sure what domestic abuse is? We answer the frequently asked questions and give you signs you can look out for below.

Self-Care Tips

The trauma of experiencing domestic abuse can make self-care feel challenging. Self-care can come in many different forms, including physical and emotional. We’ve put together some practical tips for practicing self-care in your everyday life.

Are you hurting the one you love?

Explore More of Our

Services for those Affected...

Adult Therapeutic Support

Freeva’s counselling team provide an environment of trust and confidence to help you focus on any feelings you may be experiencing. Find out more about our Adult Therapeutic Support.

Sexual Violence Support

Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisers offer practical and emotional support to anyone who has been raped, sexually assaulted or abused, including grooming, FGM and exploitation (CSE). Find out more about our Sexual Violence Support.

Children and Young People

Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisers are independent from the police and social services, and can listen to you, support you and answer any questions that you or your family might have. Find out more about our specialist Children & Young People service.

Specialist Male Support

Freeva’s dedicated Male support team works alongside our accredited Helpline team to provide support. Find out more about our Specialist Male Support.

Specialist BAME Support

Freeva’s dedicated BAME support team works alongside our accredited Helpline team to provide support. Find out more about our Specialist BAME Support.

Partner Support Service

For anyone who has a partner, or ex-partner, attending our Jenkins Project programmes, we offer confidential support, and a safe space for you to talk about how you feel and your past experiences. Find out more about our Partner Support Service.

Skip to content